I had been meaning to make one these for a long time. Of course, like so many other things I managed to procrastinate on this simple but practical project for years. Well I finally got around to making the thing.
I started with a length of aluminum L bracket from the hardware store. I had to buy 4 feet of the stuff. So I cut it into 4 one foot pieces and decided to make three test rigs.I drilled a hole every inch starting a half inch from the edge. This gave me 11 holes to work with. After the input, output and bypass switch that leaves 8 holes, which should be plenty for almost any project. I’m going to leave the post out and just install them for what every is currently on the breadboard.
The other parts are not too critical, figure cheap switch and jacks is not a big deal when working with a bunch of parts on the breadboard, better to save the expensive parts for the final build.
I headed to RS to some jacks and a switch. I got a big DPDT toggle switch to switch the effect on and off. I figure this will be easier to use and cheaper that using a stompswitch. I considered adding an LED but decided the extra wiring and hassle wasn’t worth the effort. LED wouldn’t add much anyway since the switch is clearly labeled On and Off.
A small patch of Velcro to hold the breadboard down. For some reason the Velcro was $6 for one foot at the hardware store! Note to self, somethings should not be bought at the hardware store, Velcro topping the list.
Here’s a few pictures of the test rig.
Leave a Reply